How To Optimize Your Campaign
Depending on the settings of your campaign, you may optimize differently, all starts with viewing your campaign report.
1) Adjust bids competitiveness : (no conversion parameters needed). Adjust you bids to get as much traffic as you can. Look at the traffic available ("Impressions/Request"), and how much you got from it ("Clicks/Views"). Key metric you have is "position". You should adjust your bid ("CPC") to be never lower than 1.5. If not, others are taking your traffic inside Yeesshh market place..
2) Blacklist sources : (you need to have a conversion tracking in place). You know now which traffic source work or not, lowest hanging fruit is to remove all feed (for the biggest ones, break them down by Pub subid) that do not perform (zero conversion). You should only blacklist source that had relevant volume of Clicks (min between 1.000 and 10.000) and no conversion.
SubID auto blacklister: tired to update lists everyday? contact us so we will set up a killer app for you allowing to do this automatically for you: the auto blacklister!
3) Adjust bids according to performance : You track, and have excluded all poorly performing sources. It is now time is to adjust bids by subid, so that you bid as high as possible (to gain more traffic) on sources that work better. You need to set up a Goal in your campaign, so you can know optimal bid level, and adjust your bids, including activating our auto bidder.
HOW TO PUT IN PLACE OPTIMIZATION (having performance tracking in place)
- Review the results of your campaign and take note of which feeds and Subid’s are working better or not delivering expected results.
- Blacklist not converting sources, that way you will increase the performance of your campaign, as you won’t spend buying traffic from those sources anymore (see here)
- Optimize bid on converting sources in order to focus all your media spend on the best converting sources.
Create a clone of your existing campaign (just after doing your first blacklisting):
- "White list Campaign": contains all the the sources (subid) you know that work. Adjust the CPC price to your needs: you can now push traffic like hell on this campaign. You know the sources, you know they work, so let's rock it.
- "All sources Campaign": You will then use this originally existing campaign to see if new sources work (there are thousands of new sub Id every day). You will then Blacklist the sources you do not want, and, for the sources that work, white list them in the clone campaign.
Managing white listed in a different “Premium” campaign will also allow you to set a specific budget to that campaign.
When to white list or blacklist a source of traffic ?
Usually, feeds to blacklist are the ones that have a low CR with a high spending cost. This means that you are spending money on a feed that is not converting well for you. You also might want to blacklist feed that has many impressions but low CR.
Ask firstname.lastname@example.org to set up our auto blacklister for you, and we'll do the optimization job.
Whitelisting a source is more complicated since you are taking only this feed and refusing all other, meaning you must be really sure that this feed is performing well.
You have now optimized your campaign, your should be able to see results of your changes very soon